We had some technical difficulties with our chili video, but I think it all worked out in the end. You can see the whole thing (in 2 parts!) on my Facebook page. Now here’s the recipe in case you’d like to try it yourself. If you like chili I guarantee you’ll love this!
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 4 – 5 cloves of garlic minced
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1/3 bell pepper chopped (any color)
- 1 tbs minced carrot
- 2 ½ - 3 lb. hamburger meat
- 3 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 cans dark red kidney beans
- Splash of beef broth
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pinch of cayenne or crushed red pepper
- In olive oil sauté onion, garlic, and black pepper until onion turns translucent. Add the ground beef and cook until brown. Drain well.
- In a food processor pulse the stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, all dry ingredients listed above, carrots, bell pepper, celery.
- Add the mixture from the food processor to the browned meat along with a splash of beef broth. Stir well then add the kidney beans. You can add water as needed if you would like more liquid.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and allow to cook for a minimum of 20 minutes then let it rest.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, crackers, corn bread or whatever your heart desires and enjoy!